Posted by monty on Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:40pm.
i keep getting different answers for this question. the last answer i got was 20 (which would make it not a solution) but im not sure if that is right
college math - Monty, Monday, November 23, 2009 at 1:54pm
i wrote it wrong the 1st time. this is the problem.
college math - Reiny, Monday, November 23, 2009 at 2:17pm
why are there brackets around the right side? Did you mean 7/(x-20) ?
I can only take your question at face value the way you typed it.
Then it would be the same as
3/x - 1 = 7/x - 20
multiply each term by x
3 - x = 7 - 20x
19x = 4
x = 4/19
college math - Monty, Monday, November 23, 2009 at 3:13pm
it suppose to be (3/x)-1=7/(x-20)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - - ok... we keep getting this one wrong: Solve the following equation ...
- 8th Grade Algebra- Answer Check - Solve each system of equations, give the ...
- chemistry - I keep getting wrong answers for this question. Determine the pH of ...
- PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE! - 1 )3x + 8y = 1 7x + 4y = 17 Answer: (3,1) 2) -3x + 5y...
- MATH/ALGEBRA - I am going over some math homework and need to know if I am ...
- Algebra - |3x+8|=20; -4 Basically that 4 is asking whether that is a possible ...
- math - Solve by elimination method. 2r-5s=-33 5r+2s=48 I keep getting different ...
- Math - I cannot figure this out I keep getting the order pair(1.24,-3.44), but ...
- algebra - I keep getting different answers to this 1 question..hoping some1 can ...
- Math - Hi, would someone mind just checking the answer I got for this formula ...