Posted by mysterychicken on Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:50pm.
What are the tones in the poems 'I Never Saw a Moor' by Emily Dickinson, and 'Kidnap Poem' by Nikki Giovanni?
What is the tone of a poem and how do i determine it? Thanks
Literature - Ms, Sue, Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:56pm
Study these sites, and then tell us what you think is the tone in each of those poems.
Literature - mysterychicken, Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:59pm
So, what if I say that the tone of Dickinson's poem is imaginative and peaceful as she describes the moor and heaven..would that work?
Literature - Ms, Sue, Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 6:04pm
Yes, I think that works. Dickinson also shows a positive attitude toward things and ideas she can't see.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - 'Choose two poems from your book that you will later write an essay...
- Literature - What is the structure of Nikki Giovanni's 'Kidnap Poem'? Thanks -MC
- Lit/poems - Daybreak in Alabama The Planet on the Table What tone is used by ...
- English - Read the following poem and then respond to the question below: “I’m ...
- English - I need help interpreting the poem "I Never Saw Another Butterfly" by ...
- Literature - I need help with the meter of this poem: Wild Nights -- Wild Nights...
- Englsih II - Review the poems we have studied in this unit and select the one ...
- reading/poetry - for this assignment i have to write summary for each stanza the...
- Strategic Reading - Why type of poem is "Hope" by Emily Dickinson and what type ...
- English - Another question regarding the poem Annabel Lee. Can you check my ...