Posted by Lisa on Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:36pm.
I have three problems I would like checked please.1: I need to graph and find the y intercept of 6y+5x=-18
First I want to solve for y therefore I will let x be 0: 6y+5(0)=-18
6y=-18...I will now divide
y=-3 Therfore the first set to plot would be (0-3)
Now I solve for x, so I will let y be 0: 6(0)+5x=-18
My second pair to plot is (-18/5,0)
the y intercept is (0,-3)
The second problem is the same concept as one, so I will not work it out as much herethe problem is 4x-12=3y
the y intercept is (0,-4)
The third problem is finding slope: x+4y=8
Did I do these right?
MATH...somewhat urgent - Reiny, Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:46pm
first one is correct
you added 12 on one side, but subtracted on the other.
should have been
4x = 12
x = 3, so x-intercept is (3,0)
to 4y = -x + 8
y = (-1/4)x + 2
comparing it to y = mx + b
we can see the slope is -1/4
your intercepts for the last one are correct.
MATH...somewhat urgent - Lisa willsomeone look at this please, Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 5:51pm
MATH...somewhat urgent - ashleigh, Friday, February 5, 2010 at 3:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math-due today, need a check - Please help me with this, below is a question I ...
- Math/Algebra - Please help me with this, below is a question I have to answer…...
- MATH/ALGEBRA PLEASE - I am having a real issue with this one problem the problem...
- math - y-intercept - hi, how would we find the y intercept , given slope of 11/2...
- Calculus Need of Urgent help - find the indicated limits, if they exist. 1. lim...
- algebra the slope- intercept form - Find the slope and y-intercept for the graph...
- help! - A horizontal translation is applied to the graph of y= X^ 3 + 2 so that ...
- Math 8th Grade - I would greatly appreciate it if someone would please be kind ...
- Algebra - Question 1 Solve using the multiplication principle then graph. -15>...
- ALGEBRA PLEASE HELP!! - Hello. Three quick questions that I have worked on just ...