Posted by English Lit on Friday, November 20, 2009 at 4:20pm.
Create and describe your own Utopia, including its geography, laws, and customs.
Middletownopia is a very peaceful and beautiful place to spend one's life. It is located on the southern part of the island Sandi Road. People come from all over the world to visit. The laws are very fair. The local people are so nice and polite that no one ever gets into trouble. If someone gets angry and causes trouble of any kind, they get two chances to resolve the matter or risk getting banned from the island. There are no cars, everyone walks to where they want to go because everything is close which in turn gets people in very good shape and in great health. If the local police catches someone not exercising for three days then they will be placed under a workout program where they have to run on a treadmill for one week straight. Every Monday there is a meeting to let everyone know what they did during the weekend, exchange cooking recipes and invite others to dinner. On Christmas, people draw straws to decide who gets to live in the towns' largest mansion for the week and they get together to celebrate the holiday.
- Utopia - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 20, 2009 at 8:15pm
Yikes! This is not my idea of Utopia. It sounds like a dictatorship, forcing people to
leave the island if they make someone mad
exercise (without considering each person's preferences and limitations)
The Monday meetings sound b o r i n g!
- Utopia - English Lit, Friday, November 20, 2009 at 8:40pm
Other than that, good grade or bad?
- Utopia - Writeacher, Friday, November 20, 2009 at 8:53pm
Do you know what "utopia" means?
"Utopia Politico-philosophic work by Thomas More (1516), initiating a literary genre. Steeped in literary humanism, More sought for the best form of government through discussions with the fictitious Raphael Hythloday. This is followed by Hythloday's account of the ‘New Island of Utopia’ (‘Noplace’), but its egalitarian commonwealth appears flawed since, despite religious freedom and absence of hunger and homelessness, personal freedom is restricted."
Notice the meaning of "Utopia":
Try again. Start from scratch.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Utopia - Create and describe your own Utopia, including its geography, laws, and...
- Utopia repost - how's this? help on grammar and such also needed. "...
- English - Topic is to create and describe your own Utopia, uncluding its ...
- english - Create and describe your own Utopia, Including its geography, laws and...
- English - Discuss the society in Brave New World as a utopia. What should i make...
- English - What are the differences between utopia and dystopia? What are some ...
- English..Ms.Sue(take a look here please) - Discuss the society in Brave New ...
- Literature - I am studying Sir Francis Bacon in my lit class. What might Bacon ...
- Please Answer: Geography - Describe the geography of Southern South America and ...
- English - Sir Thomas More wrote Utopia so that it is a frame narrative. Explain ...