Posted by y912f on Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 7:40pm.
Write a minimum of a 500 word-essay or a minimum five-stanza poem using Definition or Classification and Division. (Note: If the poem is free verse, it must be at least 400 words.) Be sure to follow the developmental methods presented in this lesson. Your work must have a recognizable theme. (Note: Definition and Classification and Division are not appropriate for writing short stories.)
Topic Choices: Choose any topic listed below, if you choose Classification and Division.:
(Use division and classification (into at least three categories) as your basic method fo analyzing one of the following subjects from an interesting point of view.)
hunters (or fisher)
summer ( or part-time)jobs
game show hosts
horses ( or other animals)
motivations for study
methods of studying for exams
tastes in clothes
contemporary music or films
ways to spend money
attitude towards life
fast food ( or junk food)
books or magazines
If you chose Definition to develop your piece, choose a topic listed below:
(Definiton: Develop a composition for a specified purpose and audience, using whatever methods and expository patterns will help convey a clear understanding of your meaning of one of the following terms:)
intellectual ( the person)
equality ( or equal oppurtunities)
stylishness (in clothing or behavior)
I want to do Definition, and on the topic: Family
any better ideas?
p.s. I think in Definition, you just have to extend the definition of the topic you choose. 'extnd definition by illustrating how some owrds go far beyond their dicitonary definition'
- Creative Writing - bobpursley, Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 7:49pm
I would have chosen lies. About sixty years ago,there was a popular book,Lies People Tell. I think one could have fun defining and classifying those.
Now in the definition area, you are going to expand, as you noted. Feminine would be a fun one to do also, as wisdom would be.
- Creative Writing - y912f, Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 8:12pm
how could i expand on wisdom?
because for family i was thinking, that maybe i could explain what family means to different people.
- Creative Writing - bobpursley, Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 8:29pm
Each one of these quotes could reveal meaning:
And check a dictionary, there are four different meanings of wisdom.
- Creative Writing - y912f, Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 10:38pm
alrighty..i'll do it on wisdom. so you can help me :D
p.s. i don't htink i'm allowed to use the dictionary definition...
i'll start on this tomorrow
Answer this Question
- Creative Writing - You may write a minimum of a 600-word essay or short story (...
- Creative Writing - Using the multi-step Process Writing method, write a (minimum...
- Ed. Tech - Which definition below best describes the definition of theme within ...
- Creative Writing - i'm so stuck on this assignment. i don't get it at all. : 1. ...
- English - Can you please check if the word choice is correct and if the words in...
- creative writing - 1. Poetry that is short in length and focuses on feelings ...
- Poetry Help~! - 1) Which definition below best describes the definition of theme...
- Literature - I need help writing a free verse poem on a newspaper article I read...
- Ed tech - Which of the following describes a way of memorizing a poem using a ...
- English - CHECK PLEASE?! Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe ...