Posted by marie on Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 1:44pm.
If a polyhedron has 13 vertices and 21 faces, how many edges does it have?
I just need to know if I am doing this right.
- math - bobpursley, Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 3:00pm
- math - bobpursley, Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 3:03pm
For a simple polyhedron F - E + V = 2. (This is also called the Euler's Formula.)
- math - Shell, Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 11:31am
Your equation is correct, but your answer is not. Your number of Edges is you e variable. so you are looking for the "e" what you found is "e+2"
As a general Rule with math equations, and you can do this before you put your numbers in, figure out what variable you will be looking for (in this case e=?) and move everything else to the other side of your equals sign. This will let you have an otomatic solution, because it will set you equation up as "e=..." which is exactly what you want to know, and thn you don't have the confusion that you had in this set up again.
so if your equation is v+f=e+2, e=?
then your next step is to get e alone on one side.
then plug your numbers in to get your answer.
Answer this Question
- math - A polyhedron has 15 vertices and 31 edges. How many faces does it have?
- math - a polyhedron has 36 edges and 21 faces, how many vertices does it have? ...
- Geometry - A polyhedron has 33 edges and 20 faces. How many vertices does it ...
- Math - Use Eulerís formula to answer the question. A polyhedron has 12 edges and...
- math - Use Eulerʹs formula to answer the question. A polyhedron has 36 ...
- GEOMETRY - If a polyhedron has 13 vertices and 21 faces, how many edges does it ...
- math - A polyhedron has 6 faces and 4 vertices. Use Euler's formula to calculate...
- Math (2 Questions) - Please Help - A cube has 8 vertices, 12 edges, and 6 square...
- MATHS - A simple graph G has 200000 edges and for any 3 vertices v,w,x, at least...
- Geometry - 1 How many faces does a square pyramid have? 2 How many edges does a ...