Posted by L.P. on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 9:12pm.
I am absolutly stumped at how to solve this. I know for squared functions you take the square root of both sides to solve for x but what about if one side is cubed. I know you would have to take the cubed root of the function but how do you do this on a calculator?
equation is: 3.9*10^-11 = 4*X^3
so I simplify and get:
9.75*10^-12 = x^3
but now how to solve on calculator?
cubic function - bobpursley, Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 9:20pm
the xy key allows cube roots.
( some calc have it as yx key)
for instance, the cube root of 27
enter (1 divide 3 )
you should see 3, and some will require you to press enter.
cubic function - L.P., Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 9:25pm
okay sounds easy but I have a TI-84+ and I don't see that key.
also will this work for say x^5 or x^4?
If you don't have this key how would you solve it?
cubic function - bobpursley, Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 9:44pm
yes, works for any root, or power.
If you don't have that key, you can do it with logs....
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - (not sure how to type square root of) square root of 3x - 4 = (x-...
- Algebra - Solve 2+ the square root of 4-x=x what is your question? ok lets start...
- Pre Algebra - Please help me with some problems. Thank you! Solve the equation ...
- Pre-calc Solve logarithmic - ln sqrt(x-8)= 5 I would like help to solve this ...
- math - Solve for the indicated variable A=1/2 bh Solve for b 2A = bh, so b = 2A/...
- algrebra 2 - it is called completing the square here is the equation 4x^2-4x+1=9...
- math - x^2-9x-4=6 solve by completing the square show steps plz :D Add 4 to both...
- math,correction - Is this correct: Problem #13 Solve: 9x^2 = 14 I did the ...
- Algebra - Solve for s: h=(square root of 3)times s/2 and solve for h V= (pi)r ...
- algebra solving log equations - n sqrt(x-8)= 5 I would like help to solve this ...