Posted by Patricia on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 8:31pm.
"Mr. Macho, my great dane, ate 125 hotdogs over a five-day period. Each day he atee seven more hot dogs than on the previous day. How many hot dogs did he eat on the first day?"
I got 55 hot dogs. Is this right??
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 8:35pm
Nope. How at that rate, he ate the 125 hotdogs in less than three days.
Day 1: 55
Day 2: 55 + 7 = 62
55 + 62 = 112
- Math - Patricia , Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 9:00pm
well I thought tnis was right because the question stated that he ate 7 more than the previous day..
For example day 2 55+7 + 62
Day 3: 62 + 14 = 76 (7 more than day 2)
Day 4: 76 + 21 = 97 (7 more than day 3)
Day 5: 97 + 28 = 125(7more than day 4)
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 9:25pm
I see what you're thinking, but I believe you're wrong.
Each day he ate seven more hot dogs than on the previous day.
It seems to me the dog ate between 10 and 15 hotdogs the first day.
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 9:49pm
first day: x hotdogs
second day: x+7
fifth : x+28
x + x+7 + x+14 + x+21 + x+28 = 125
5x + 70 = 125
5x = 55
x = 11
so he ate 11, 18, 25, 32, 39
addd them up, it totals 125
- Math - Patricia , Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 12:13am
Thanks for everybodys help, I understand the math now.
- Math - lexie, Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 5:58pm
i have th exact same problem!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math problem solving - mr. mancho, my great dane, ate 125 hot dogs over a five-...
- 3rd grade - mr.mancho my great dane ate 125 hot dogs over a five day period. ...
- MATH - MACHO ATE 125 HOT DOGS OVER A FIVE DAY PERIOD. EACH DAY HE AT SEVEN MORE ...
- 8th grade - mr. macho ate 125 hotdogs over a five day peroid each day he ate ...
- family math problem solving - ms. jones my great cat ate 125 hamburgers over a ...
- Algebra - Matt ate a total of 100 raisins over a five day period. Each day he ...
- Economics - Ashley is currently consuming 10 hot dogs and 8 hamburgers a week. ...
- Algebra - algebra 2 trig: A food vendor at a stadium sells hot dogs for $2. At ...
- Math - A vendor sold 2/3 of his hot dogs in the morning and 1/6 in the afternoon...
- math - A hot dog vendor at the zoo recorded the average temperature and the ...