Posted by To: Reiny on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 10:56pm.
Thank you Reiny.
I really appreciate the help but I am not really understanding the the exprssions well enough to explain the answer. Also at first I was thinking that the answer has nothing to do with actual money but only how much inventory or merchanise that Anna has to choose from. Please try to help me understand. Thank you.
Annna wants to buy her grandmother a gift. Anna decides to buy a piece of jewelry. At the store she sees that 1/2 of the jewelry is necklaces. 1/4 of the jewelry is pins. The rest of the jewelry is a total of 16 bracelets and rings. There are 3 times as many bracelets as rings. How many of each piece of jewelry does the store have for Anna to decide what to buy for her grandmother? If necklaces average $25, pins average $12, bracelsts average $8 and rings average $30,about how much inventory is in this jewelry store?
please explain steps along with answers
HELP MATH - Gabrielle, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:12pm
If you tell me what you've figured out on your own, I'll be happy to walk you through the rest of it! Here is what I did:
First I multied to find out how many braclets there were 16 X 3 = 48 bracelets 48 X $8 = 384
Then I converted 1/2 to 50 Next I converted 1/4 to 25. After that I added the cost of everthing individually.Finally I added the cost of everthing together.
My answer: 48 bracelets, 16 rings, 50 necklaces, and 25 pins. Inventory is
HELP MATH - Reiny, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 10:30pm
Let's look at this part:
" The rest of the jewelry is a total of 16 bracelets and rings. There are 3 times as many bracelets as rings "
let the number of rings be x
then the number of bracelets is 3x
3x + x = 16
4x = 16
x = 4
So we know there are 4 rings and 12 bracelets.
Now let the total number of jewelry be y
" At the store she sees that 1/2 of the jewelry is necklaces. 1/4 of the jewelry is pins. The rest of the jewelry is a total of 16 bracelets and rings "
y/2 + y/4 + 16 = y
multiply by 4
2y + y + 64 = 4y
y = 64
total number of jewelry is 64
Necklaces = y/2 = 32
Pins = y/4 = 16
bracelets = 12
rings = 4
inventory = $25(32) + $12(16) + $8(12) + $30(4) = $1208
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - To Reiny: Hi, thank you for your time Reiny and your info. I am so sorry ...
- Math - help really needed - I'm sorry to double post; I don't want to seem ...
- Math - help really needed - Prove each idenity. 1+1/tan^2x=1/sin^2x 1/cosx-cosx=...
- college english - I was told in class to find a piece of "biased writing" and ...
- Algebra 1 - REINY, Thank you for your answer and the answer is obviously correct...
- Geometry - Hi, I'm having a difficult time understanding a couple of Geometry ...
- Physics - Mini Lab - The reason I didn't do this was because I was gone the day...
- RE - i am really struggling with my re homework and i would really appreciate ...
- Theology 10 - HELP! - Do you think miracles happen today? Why? I have to asked ...
- fractions - Ok I'm a Mom trying to figure this out to help my foster daughter it...