Posted by Lena on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 7:57pm.
Thomas Malthus was a clergyman so is it safe to say that he did not believe in anything opposing the bible? Is it safe to say that as a firm believer in faith, he was certain that God created the Earth and the life on it? What can i say about Malthus's views on the Earth's history?
Thomas Malthus - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:00pm
Check this site about Malthus' religions views.
(Broken Link Removed)
Thomas Malthus - Lena, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:04pm
Thomas Malthus - bobpursley, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:17pm
I have never know two ministers who believed exactly alike.
Malthus view of history to then, were written in his essay on Population
and he was right, based on history as he knew it to his time.
I don't know we can make any assumptions about his personal beliefs, other that what his writings indicate directly.
I think the only safe thing to say about his views on Earth is his postulates in his Essay. Could I make any conclusions about your views other than what you have written?
Thomas Malthus - Lena, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:42pm
Thank you bobpursley :)
I have another question if you don't mind answering it. In his essay, did he say anything about how the Earth came to be and anything on evolution? I read through what you sent and several other sources and I don't recall him making any references to that. Thanks.
Thomas Malthus - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:45pm
This interesting article states that Malthus never wrote about evolution.
Thomas Malthus - Lena, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 8:47pm
Thanks a bunch Ms. Sue :D
Thomas Malthus - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 9:00pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Thomas Malthus - In the assignment I'm doing, there's a question that asks for ...
- Environmental Science - what did Thomas Malthus believe
- geography - What are 2 reasons why some geographers today believe Thomas Malthus...
- sociology - Which economist, using exponential growth, predicted that the world...
- ~~~~~College Algebra - Question: Various models have been used to make ...
- Geography - 4. Which of the following is not a reason why populations rise in ...
- Economics - Thomas Malthus’s gloomy predictions for the future of humanity led ‘...
- Texas Government - Which of the following statements about Texas state ...
- History - 4. What does Paine,thomas say to the Tories who stand in the way of ...
- History - Based on Common sense and the crisis what conclusion can be made about...