Posted by jeng on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 3:27pm.
Initially a pool contains 350 gallons of water. A hose is placed in the pool, and the water is turned
on. The hose adds 4.8 gallons of water per minute. Write an equation that shows the relationship
between the total amount of water in the pool, V, and the number of minutes the hose has been on,
math - Shar, Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 6:21pm
V=4.8x 350 gallons = 4.8 gal x 72.91 minutes
math - Anonymous, Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 1:20pm
math - bir, Friday, December 4, 2015 at 2:53pm
Initially a pool contains 350 gallons of water. A hose is placed in the pool and the water is turned on. The hose adds 5.2 gallons of water per minute. Model the total amount, V, of water in the pool for x, the number of minutes the hose has been on.
V(x) = 5.2x
V(x) = 350x - 5.2
V(x) = 350x + 5.2
V(x) = 5.2x + 350
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A pool can hold 2050 gallons of water, and it is being filled at a rate ...
- geometry - - One cubic foot is approximately 7.5 gallons of water - A typical ...
- Math - Find the volume of water required to fill a pool with a diameter of 6m ...
- Math - A swimming pool was filled with 600 gallons of water in 20 minutes. What ...
- Math - A tank initially contains 50 liters of water. A hose adds water to the ...
- Math - A fire hose has a circular cross-section which has a diameter of 20 cm. ...
- TTM - You drained the water from your pool at the end of the summer. It took 60 ...
- Math - Four hoses are filling a pool. The first hose alone would fill the pool ...
- Math - A swimming pool that is 100 feet in length by 10 feet deep and 40 feet ...
- Math - The number of gallons of water remaining in a swimming pool t minutes ...