Posted by Josh on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 7:32pm.
I need some help on this essay question for my history class. I'm confused.
There are three instances of the theory of the Manifest Destiny in the US as we approach 1845. Name the three examples, discuss each of one and it's relationship to the growth of the United States.
All I know is that that the three are Texas& Mexicans, Removal of Southeaster Indinans and slaves. (That's what the teacher said)
I don't understand the rest of the question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 7:38pm
First you need to understand the concept of manifest destiny. It was the idea that the U.S. had the right and responsibility to take over the land from the Atlantic to the Pacific. It was our duty to settle it and make the U.S. powerful.
How did Texas contribute to the growth of the U.S.?
How did the removal of the Indians to the west contribute to this growth?
What effect did slavery have upon this growth?
- History - Josh, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 7:45pm
For the removal of indians could I talk about the Trail of Tears and Blackhawk? Anything else?
Slaves: Gradual emancipation, abolition, Louisiana Purchase
Any ideas for the Texans and Mexicans?
- History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 7:48pm
Where did these southeastern Indians go?
Slavery -- what about the free states and slave states -- and their admittance to the Union?
Who owned Texas before it became an independent nation? Is Texas a western state now?
- History - Josh, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 7:58pm
The southeastern Indians went to the west
Texas is a western state now. Was it Mexico that owned texas before.
Are my examples correct for me to use that I had listed before. I'm still loss. Sorry It takes me a while to catch on to history
- History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 8:01pm
Yes, your examples are correct.
I urge you to go back and study your textbook to fill in the gaps of your knowledge.
- History - Josh, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 8:09pm
We don't have a textbook. We never got one when we started school. Can you please tell me Who owned Texas before it became an independent nation? I tryed searching for an answer but did not come up with anything. I appreciate your help and will continue knit picking this question of my own. Thank you for your help
- History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 8:19pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th Grade US History - How is manifest destiny important to our past and future...
- History Question - How did Manifest Destiny affect U.S. policies during the ...
- us history - what is manifest destiny
- American History - To what extent might the mid-19th century belief in Manifest ...
- History - This is my last question for tonight I promise. History and me don't ...
- American History - This is what my teacher wrote up on the board today and i was...
- history - Who initiated the phrase "MANIFEST DESTINY"?
- history - How did U.S. “Manifest Destiny” impact Latin America?
- us history - Which answer offers the best explanation of the idea of Manifest ...
- History - What was the agrarian and commercial reasons that promoted Manifest ...