Posted by Pre Calc on Friday, November 13, 2009 at 2:40pm.
use properties of the trigonometric function to find the exact value of each expression. Do no use a calculator.
sec ( - pi/18) * cos (37 pi)/18
I do not see how to do this problem. Every time I do it out I get a reference angle of twenty degrees which isn't on the unit circle. I do it on my calculator and get answer of one. If you could show me how to do this problem that would be great. I think the part I'm getting stuck on is the - pi/8 there must be some other rule that I do not know about when there are negetives
Pre Calc - bobpursley, Friday, November 13, 2009 at 2:55pm
Remember that cos(-theta)=cos(theta)
1/cos * cos= 1
Pre Calc - Pre Calc, Friday, November 13, 2009 at 3:02pm
how did you go from the first line to the next in these lines
1/cos * cos= 1
Pre Calc - bobpursley, Friday, November 13, 2009 at 4:22pm
any trig function is periodic by 2PI.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calc - I am really struggling with how to do these problems, I posted them a...
- Pre-Calc - 1) Use an Addition or Subtraction Formula to write the expression as ...
- Pre Calculus - ok I appologize for my stupidity... I'll answer your question... ...
- TRIG/ALGEBRA - 1) Find the exact value. Use a sum or difference identity. tan (-...
- Algebra - Use properties of logarithms to find the exact value of each ...
- Math - Use properties of logarithms to find the exact value of this expression. ...
- Pre-Calc - Hi, can someone please teach me how to solve this? Find the exact ...
- pre-calculus - use a sum or difference formula to find the exact of the ...
- Pre-Calc - Use the value of this trigonometric function to evaluate the ...
- Math - Use the sum or difference identities to find the exact value of each ...