Posted by Sarah on Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:15pm.
Complete the square to Solve Quadratic Equation:
Solve the equation. Express the answer in simplest radical form.
Please Help!!!! Thanks.
- trigonometry - Reiny, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:20pm
x^2 - 7x = 11
x^2 - 7x + 49/4 = 11 + 49/4
(x - 7/2)^2 = 44/4 + 49/4
x - 7/2 = ± √93/2
x = (7 ±√93)/2
- trigonometry - Sarah, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:24pm
Thank you so much, but I was wondering:
x^2 - 7x = 11
You have to divide by -1, wouldn't it be positive 7x.
- trigonometry - Reiny, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:25pm
YOU ARE RIGHT!
good for you for catching that.
I am sure you can make the necessary changes.
(there is one small change)
- trigonometry - drwls, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:27pm
This is not a trigonometry question.
x^2 + 7x + (7/2)^2 = 11 + (7/2)^2
(x + 7/2)^2 = 23 1/4
x = -7/2 +/- sqrt(93)/2
- trigonometry - Sarah, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:30pm
Thank you so much!!!!
Could you please help me with another type of trig math question. I greatly appreciate your help.
Answer this Question
- trigonometry - Complete the square to Solve Quadratic Equation: Solve the ...
- math - x^2= 6x+11 solve the quadratic equation for values of x expressed in ...
- MATH - solve 1-(2/x)=2/(x+2) Express your answer in simplest radical form. What ...
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...
- algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- Algebra - Solve the equation. Leave answer in simplest radical form. n^2-2n+1=5
- Math - 1)Write a quadratic equation with integer coefficients that has -4+7i(...
- Algebra - I have some problems that I am having trouble with and I have some ...
- Algebra - Can someone verify if my answers are correct? Solve. 1/x+6-1/x-6 My ...
- math,correction - Problem 22 Solve each quadratic equation by completeling the ...