Posted by Searah on Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 5:35pm.
In the sentence "The Bethrothal Letter formally announced the engagement" is announced a
(a)action verb (mental)
(c)action verb (physical)
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 5:47pm
What do you think?
Grammar - Searah, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 5:57pm
Is it a linking verb?
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 6:07pm
Does announced mean the same (or almost the same) as were or was?
No. So it is not a linking verb.
Grammar - Lily, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 6:11pm
Then it must be an action verb mental.Right?
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 6:16pm
I think it's physical because you can see the announcement in the letter.
Also -- please don't change your name with each post. It's confusing to see one name ask a question and another name respond.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar action and linking verbs(mental or physica - In China, shrines honor ...
- URGENT Grammar - In the sentence "She approved the apposed marriage" is approved...
- ELA - Underline the verb or verb phrase in each sentence and then identify ...
- 6th grade grammar - Can you check these sentences? Identify whether each ...
- English - Okay got that one.. What about The cab driver was driving extremely ...
- Language Arts - In the sentence....It formally accepted the bride into the groom...
- English - Thank you Ms. Sue and SraJMMcGin for your help. SraJMMcGin thanks for ...
- Language Arts - In the sentence....The letter listed gifts for the wedding. ...
- Language Arts - In the sentence ...The letter listed gifts for the wedding. ...
- Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - 1. When you summarize an informational article...