Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, November 9, 2009 at 12:32pm.
How can I find the key passages in the short story Marigolds, to develop the theme of the story. I have to use quotes from the key passages I choose...not sure what to do here. What are key passages?
Literature - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 9, 2009 at 12:35pm
What do you think is the theme of this story?
Which passages lead you to believe that?
Literature - GuruBlue, Monday, November 9, 2009 at 12:38pm
MC.... the marigolds, to ME, represent joy, nature at its best, hope. They make me smile.
Those Lizabeth saw them as the anthesis of her dad's tears. How could there be joy in the world when her dad was crying.
Now look at the story from that point of view and see what you find.
Literature - mysterychicken, Monday, November 9, 2009 at 1:06pm
OK, what if I say the theme is losing your childish innocence or something along those lines and I can support this by writing what Lizabeth says in the end of the story, when she sees Ms.Lottie's reaction..
Would that be alright?
Literature - GuruBlue, Monday, November 9, 2009 at 3:15pm
What do you think Lizabeth "felt" when she say Lottie's tears?
This story is about feeling not thinking.
Literature - kihun, Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 10:23am
Literature - acidvtissue, Monday, December 14, 2015 at 2:37pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I need help with this question. I just don't understand what it's ...
- English 1 - 1.Writers often communicate their themes by building clues into the ...
- Literature - ---In reply to my last post about the key passages: OK, what if I ...
- Literature - What are some key passages in 'The Miracle Worker' that reveal ...
- Literature - 'What signifigance did the title have in the short story Marigolds...
- technology - To indent the first line of a paragraph which key should you use? A...
- PSAT format - For the reading section is the format part 1 vocab 2 short ...
- Literary Composistion - For this essay choose one of the stories from Units 1-7 ...
- English - Copy the passages on the website and paste them on the word Processor...
- Literature - 4. The term 'point of view' refers to the way the writer has chosen...