Posted by y912f on Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 3:39pm.
ok, now that i have my pet peeve, i have to fill out this sheet.
(please read my earlier post for more info on the assignment)
Pet Peeve--Organizational Sheet
Audience: Who will be your audience? You must indicate an audience that your delivery is geared toward.
Topic: What is your pet peeve?
General Purpose: Indicate your general purpose for speaking?
Specific Purpose: Write your specific purpose. Complete the statement below. "I want to _____________ an audience of ____________________
Thesis Statement: Write your thesis statement.
Organization: What is your method of organization? Use chronological, spatial, or topical.
Body Points: List your body points. The number of points could be between 2 and 4 points depending on your pet peeve. These will be the points that develop in the body part of your speech.
some ex from my text
Chronological Order Example:
Audience: Sixth Graders
Topic: American Rodeo
General Purpose: Inform
Specific Purpose: I want to explain to an audience of sixth graders about the development of the American rodeo.
Thesis Statement: The rodeo has developed in three major stages.
Body Points: 1. First, rodeos began in the Old West
2. By 1920, rodeos had become popular spectator sport.
3. Today, rodeos combine traditional western events with a circus-like atmosphere.
Spatial Order Example:
Topic: Ancient Egyptian Burial Tomb
General Purpose: Inform
Specific Purpose: I want to explain to an audience of teenagers about the interiour design of an ancient Egyptian burial tomb
Thesis Statement: The ancient Egyptian burial tomb usually had four sections-the entrance passage, the antechamber, the treasury, and the burial chamber
Body Points: 1. The outermost section was the entrance passage
2. The next section was the antechamber
3. THe thirds section was the treasury
4. The fourth-and most important section-was the burial chamber
Topical Order Example:
Topic: Benefits of Running
Genreal Purpose: Inform
Specific Purpose: I want to explain to an audience of parents the benefits of running.
Thesis Statement: Running increases your endurance, improves your sleep pattern, and controls your weight.
Body Points: 1. Regular running increases your endurance
2. Regular running improves your sleep pattern
3. Regular running helps control your weight.
(Chronological Order: gives or lists events as they happen. Sequence of Events. Steps in a Process.
Spatial Order: organization of things according to their position in space.
Topical Order: pattern of organization in which a topic is broken down into parts.)
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 3:45pm
i'm not sure who the audience would be for my speech.
since my pet peeve is my little sister, i guess the audience should be kids htat are my age so they can relate to it
Topic: pet peeve; my little sister
or does it have to be more specific?
general purpose: i guess it could either be inform or entertain. it depends on how i write it
specific purpse: I want to inform (or entertain) an audience of teenagers about how my little sister is my biggest pet peeve.
method of organization: chronological. maybe i could explain how my day goes with her, so then chronological would be the best way to go.
body points; not sure yet
if somebody can check this for me, then i think i better get started on some brainstroming for my body points.
- Grammar and Composition - bobpursley, Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 6:07pm
IT might be parents also, depending what the peave is. I would be much more specfic about the peave: non respect for privacy, etc.
Answer this Question
- Grammar and Composition - this is the outline sheet: Introduction: Do not begin ...
- Grammar and Composition - ok, after i posted this yesterday: ok, now that i have...
- Grammar and Composition - Pet Peeve--Organizational Sheet Audience: family Topic...
- Grammar and Composition - I don't understand how i can write a 1-2 minute speech...
- Grammar and Composition - I have to write a speech and record it on a tape. Pet ...
- Grammar and Composition - Hi, I have started working on the Phone Book Character...
- Grammar and Composition - I don't know if anybody remembers, but a long time ago...
- Grammar and Composition - pet peeve speech: for the body points ms.sue told me ...
- Marketing - I have to conduct a questionnaire for a pet food delivery service. I...
- English - 1. What animal do you keep? 2. What pet animal do you have? 3. What ...