Posted by Hannah on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 6:47pm.
Hi, I had some questions about Physics and Newton’s Three Laws of Motion and was wondering if someone could possibly help me. I wasn't sure if my answers were correct and I need to make sure they are.
#1 Write out in words what “acceleration ~ net force” means.
My Answer: I think it means that acceleration is directly proportional to net force.
#2 True or False: On Earth the mass and weight of an object are the same.
My answer: False
#3 In space, would an object with a weight of 20 Newtons or an object with a mass of 2 kilograms have more Inertia?
My Answer: They would have the same inertia or
The object with a mass of 2 kilograms (I wasn’t sure.)
#4 True or False: For the same net force on an object, less mass means more acceleration.
My Answer: False
#5 True or False: The quantity 1/10 is less than the quantity 1/100. WHY?
My Answer: False, both quantities are the same?! (I was really confused by this question.)
#6 True or False: All free-falling objects have the same force/mass ratio and undergo the same acceleration at the same location.
My Answer: False
Thank you guys so much. I have a huge test over this next week and I still don’t think I’ve grasped the whole idea behind all of these concepts. Physics isn’t my best subject and if anyone knows any good websites that can help me out, I would really appreciate it.
Answer this Question
- Physics - Hi, I had some questions about Physics and Newton’s Three Laws of ...
- Physics - Do Newton's Law apply to motion inside your car? A.Yes, but only when ...
- science - I need help with an explanation about Isaac Newton and his three laws.
- physics - Using your knowledge of the concept of inertia and Newton’s three laws...
- SCIENCE - For my science project i have to choose a sport and list five ...
- Biology - Is there a mathematical way of writing Newton's three laws of motion
- English Lit-Please help - We had to read An Essay on Criticism by Alexander pope...
- science - I need help doing examples for newton's 3 laws of motion....can you ...
- Physics - Physics Report! What should i write..please help me need ideas !best ...
- Physics- Newton's Laws in Space - Hi! I would really appreciate it if you could ...