posted by Anonymous on .
1.If a person jogs at a rate of 5 1/2mi/h for 3 1/2 h in a week, how many calories do they burn?
2. If a person runs in place for 15 minutes, how many calories will be burned?
3. If a person cross-country skis for35minutes, how many calories will be burned?
4. How many hours would a person have to jump rope in order to lose 1 pound? (Assume calorie consumption is just enough to maintain weight, with no activity.) Heavier people burn more calories (for the same activity), and lighter people burn fewer. In fact, you can calculate similar figures for burning calories by setting up the appropriate proportion.
5. At what rate would a 120-pound person burn calories while bicycling at 12 mi/h?
6. At what rate would a 180-pound person burn calories while bicycling at 12 mi/h?
7. How many hours of jogging at 5 1/2 mi/h would be needed for a 200-pound person to lose 5 pounds? (Again, assume calorie consumption is just enough to maintain weight, with no activity.)