Posted by florida studies weekly on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 4:50pm.
what impact did the French and Indian War have on Forida?
- socail studies - GuruBlue, Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:07pm
For many native populations, the elimination of French power in North America meant the disappearance of a strong ally and counterweight to British expansion, leading to their ultimate dispossession. Although the Spanish takeover of the Louisiana territory (which was not completed until 1769) had only modest repercussions, the British takeover of Spanish Florida resulted in the westward migration of tribes that did not want to do business with the British, and a rise in tensions between the Choctaw and the Creek, historic enemies whose divisions the British at times exploited. The change of control in Florida also prompted most of its Spanish Catholic population to leave. Most went to Cuba, including the entire governmental records from St. Augustine, although some Christianized Yamasee were resettled to the coast of Mexico.
- socail studies - florida studies weekly, Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:37pm
- socail studies - florida studies weekly, Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:38pm
i means lots of extra thanks. L.O.L.
- socail studies - GuruBlue, Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 5:38pm
you are welcome!
Answer this Question
- history-french and indian war - this is about the french and indian war it is a ...
- Socail Studies - What was the impact of the Enlightenment on French society/
- docial studies - how did losing the french and indian war affect the postion of ...
- Georgia Studies - Apart from being a dispute over land between the French and ...
- social studies - who won the french and indian war?
- Social studies - Causes of french and indian war
- Social studies - What were the causes of the French and Indian war?
- social studies - What are the outcomes of the French and Indian War?
- Social Studies - What is the timeline for the French and Indian War
- social studies - what were the 3 main effects of the french and indian war