Posted by Mota on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 8:06am.
Melons cost QR1.5 each and apples cost QR3.75 per kilogram. A man buys apples and melons at the supermarket. Write a formula to describe the total cost of his purchase.
Investigate how many melons and how many kilograms of apples he could buy for QR30.
**QR is a currency :)
math - Reiny, Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 8:19am
First you must define your variables.
In full sentence form define
apples ---> a
melons ---> m
then Cost = 3.75a + 1.5m
3.75a + 1.5m ≤ 30
multiply this equation by 4
15a + 6m ≤ 120 , dividing by 3
5a + 2m ≤ 40
2m ≤ 40 - 5a
For m to be a whole number, the right side of the above statement has to be even, so a must be an even number
0 ≤ a ≤ 8
so give a values of 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - a grocer sold a total of 126 apples, oranges, and melons one day. ...
- college algebra - If 4 melons for $0.60, how much would 6 melons cost?
- Le math - Tomas bought some fruit at the market. He bought twice as many melons ...
- Biology - In a certain species of plant, the allele to produce green melons (G...
- Biology - I'm sorry but I had to post this question again as I left out the ...
- math - a delivery truck is loaded with 1200 melons. if 3/8 of the melons were ...
- Math - Manuel bought 9 pounds of apples. He has eaten three fourths of a pound ...
- Help!Math.... - Six pears and three apples cost $3.90. Two pears and five apples...
- Algebra - jake goes to the grocery store and buys 3 apples. 2 cans of soup, and ...
- Algebra!! - Six pears and three apples cost $3.90. Two pears and five apples ...