Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, November 6, 2009 at 3:26pm.
4. The term 'point of view' refers to the way the writer has chosen to
a. create conflict
b. present dialogue
c. express an opinion
d. tell a story
B or D...
7. The theme of a story
a. announces the topic in one or two words
b. is stated directly in the story
c. provides entertainment only
d. makes some revelation about the subject
I'm really stuck on this one. not sure between A or D
8. The theme often reveals
a. a character's motives
b. hints about a story's outcome
c. a truh about human behavior
d. the strength of a story's plot
9. In "Marigolds", the emotion Lizabeth feels when she hears her father cry is
I think it's C since after that she destroy's the marigolds, but it might be A too...
- Literature - bobpursley, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 3:36pm
4. Point of view probably is best reflected in who is telling (B), but D is a nice diversion.
5. The theme of Snow White is that true love conquers all evil. The theme of MacBeth is murder and vengence. You're correct on 8, and on 7...
9. She has both fear and anger, but at the time he cries, probably fear dominates. This one could be argued both ways, and I think the author intended it to be fear and anger. So make your choice.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 3:37pm
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 3:46pm
For 7 I'm going to go with D...and I'm still not sure about 4
- Literature - Writeacher, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 4:47pm
I think 4 is D. Not all stories have dialogue, but all stories have point of view.
7D is correct.
- Literature - Writeacher, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 4:48pm
And C is a better answer for 8.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 4:50pm
- Literature - Writeacher, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 4:54pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 1 - 1. In the story, Snow, through the story's first-person narration, ...
- English III - “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” written by Ambrose Bierce ...
- art need help - 1. This is the study of beauty and art. (1 point)ethics harmony ...
- Adv. English 9 - If someone could help me answer any one of these that would be ...
- computers - 1. It is important to include voice and point of view in writing ...
- language - a synopsis of a novel focuses on a) the main points of the story b) ...
- Literature - 'Identify the issue one writer discusses, and then describe the ...
- english help please asap - can anyone tell me what point of view is and how i ...
- engish 1 - in "Salvation" by langston I am suppose to tell whether the point of ...
- LANGUAGE ARTS - The following question asks about one or more selections from ...