Posted by sophia on Friday, November 6, 2009 at 12:05am.
matt ran 1/5 mile less on monday than on tuesday. he ran 1/2 mile less on wednesday than he did on monday. he ran 7/10 mile more on friday than on wednesday. if matt ran 4/5 mile on friday, how far did he run on tuesday? stumped, please help!
- 5th grade - TeacherJim, Friday, November 6, 2009 at 6:41am
You really have to write these down, one by one, and rearrange them in the order that they link to each other, to make sense of them.
When you've got too much information to take in at one time, you need to stop, write each piece down, understand each one, then link them together.
matt ran 4/5 mile on friday
F = 4/5
he ran 7/10 mile more on friday than on wednesday. OK, since we know Friday, that gets us Wed.
W = F - 7/10 = 4/5 - 7/10
he ran 1/2 mile less on wednesday than he did on monday. We know Wed., so we can get Mon.
W = M + 1/2
matt ran 1/5 mile less on monday than on tuesday. And from Monday, we finally get Tuesday.
T = M + 1/5
Now we can work back:
Friday = 4/5
Wednesday is 7/10 less than that
Monday is 1/2 more than Wednesday
Tuesday is 1/5 more than Monday.
- 5th grade - Dan, Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 9:54pm
- 5th grade - Anonymous, Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 10:48pm
on Friday Natalie ran 1/2 of a mile. If she ran farther on Saturday what is the distance she ran?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade - mat ran 1/5 mile less on monday then on tuesday. he ran 1/2 mile ...
- math - on monday carlos ran 1/8 of a mile. on wednesday he ran 5/6 of a mile. ...
- math - On Monday, Carlos ran 1/8 of a mile. On Wednesday, he ran 5/6 of a mile. ...
- Math - If ahmad ran 3/8 of a mile on wednesday , how much more did she run on ...
- IS141 - extended response: Dekendra is keeping a log of the miles she walks each...
- Math - I have another question-Mr. Burns ran 14 miles last week. He only ran on ...
- Math - Allison ran 3 l/2 Miles on Monday on Wednesday she ran 1 1/3 times as far...
- math - Mr. Burns ran 14 miles last week. He only ran on Monday, Tuesday, and ...
- math - Maggie is getting ready for the one-mile race in June. The first day of ...
- math - maria ran the obstacle course each day during her gym class and recorded ...