Posted by y912f on Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:44pm.
here's an assignment that i have to do:
Phone Book Character
Select a name from the phonebook that makes an impression on you.
Examples: Angelic J. Pureheart
What kind of impressions might the name Angelic J. Pureheart give you?
Would she be a member of the church choir?
Would she teach Sunday school?
Would she always tell the truth?
Would she have a fair complexion and long, blond hair?
Lucifer F. Heller
What kind of impressions might the name Lucifer F. Heller give you?
Would he cause trouble in the neighborhood?
Would he attend school or a job regularly?
Would he rarely tell the truth?
Would he spend much of his time hanging out on the streets?
Decide what impression you want your description to convey. Is this person:
funny, kind, friendly, weird, rich, talkative
clever, talented, an airhead, troublesome, poor, a brain
stubborn, phony, patriotic, fearless, a pest, a nerd
helpful, happy, a complainer, well-dressed, stressed, whatever you choose
Pick only one of these (or choose an impression of your own) and include it with the name of the person in your thesis statement with a three-step format.
-To make your descriptive as vivid as possible, try to include details that appeal to at least three or four senses. (Sights, Sounds, Smells, Tastes, Physical Senstations)
-Remember that a good description "shows" the reader through sense details, it does not simply "tell."
-Do you want to convey a positive impression or a negative impression of whom you are describing?
-What are some of the qualities or characteristics of this poem?
The description will be five paragraphs long following the five-paragraph essay format.
Paragraph #1 contains the introduction leading up to your thesis statement. This paragraph contains an attention getting device an a three-step format thesis statement.
Paragraph #2 describes the physical appearance of this person.
Paragraph #3 describes the person's surroundings.
Paragraph #4 describes the person's actions or behaviors.
Paragraph #5 conclusion restates the thesis statement and ends with a clincher about this person.
please help me with a good name and i will get started on this as soon as possible
Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:51pm
Your instructions say to find the name in a phone book.
Grammar and Composition - GuruBlue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:52pm
Open your telephone book and close your eyes and pick a name. Then quickly write down every word that leaps into your mind associated with that name. Then organize according to your criteria. Let your imagination RUN!!! I could give you a name but then that would be fun for you.
Grammar and Composition - y912f, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:53pm
well i want a name that has meaning to it..so i can write my essay..please help
Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:56pm
Are you sure you're ready for college, Y?
Grammar and Composition - y912f, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 3:03pm
Grammar and Composition - y912f, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 3:19pm
come on..i don't have a phone book
help mee Gurublue
Grammar and Composition - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 3:28pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - 'here's an assignment that i have to do: Phone Book ...
- Grammar and Compositon Bobpursley - Ok! I put a good hour into this, and I ...
- programming - 1. Suppose that you want to search for a friend, ‘S’, telephone ...
- To Dylan - re English essay - To repeat your assignment: "In a five-paragraph ...
- grammar - do you always underline the name of a book or is it in quotations in ...
- grammar - When writing the name of the book within the story, do you put the ...
- English - i'm reading a book called "1984" i have an assignment that got to do ...
- computer programing - Little help here please Create a program that performs the...
- english - I have a book I need to cite that is a composition of works by the ...
- reading - I have to make at on the character mark brian from the book I heard ...