Posted by garrick on Monday, November 2, 2009 at 11:24pm.
explain it: which is a true statement , 5x4+1=25 or 3+7x2=17?
explain your answer
- math - Anonymous, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 1:34am
the second one;
the first one- 5*4=20--20+1=21 not 25
the second one- 7*2= 14--14+3=17
- math - drwls, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 10:16am
Depending upon where you put parentheses, which MUST be used for clarification, either can be correct.
5 x (4+1) = 25
3 + (7x2)=17
- math - lola, Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 4:00pm
I think it is neither because they both have different answers then the ones that are already there
- math - Melissa, Monday, February 23, 2015 at 10:35pm
- math - kyle, Monday, May 18, 2015 at 11:19pm
Depending on where you place the parentheses either problem could be correct, but you must use the parentheses to clarify how the problem should be done.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Please help me I'm stuck on this one: (5x4)-2=12+ I'll try (5x4) 20-2=12...
- math - Explain if this is a true statement 56<48<35. A.Is this statement ...
- math 156 - give the statement in each sequence of statements: a.1/0.5=2 2/0.5=4 ...
- Calculus theory - Determine if the statement is always true, sometimes true, or ...
- math - Is the following statement true or false? Explain your answer without ...
- math - Which of the following conclusions is true about the statement below? x^2...
- Math - Determine whether the statement is true, false, or sometimes true. ...
- math - Please explain how to do this problem: 5(9-3)+5x4-6=
- Math Quadratic Equations - 1. Which of the following conclusions is true about ...
- Algebra II - In an induction proof of the statement 4+7+10+...+(3n-1)=n(3n+5)/2 ...