Posted by Janice on Monday, November 2, 2009 at 9:09pm.
Daily output of Marathon's Garyville, Lousiana, refinery is normally distributed with a mean of 232,000 barrels of crude oil per day with a standard deviation of 7,000 barrels.
Find the probability of producing..
at least 232,000 barrels
between 232,000 and 239,000 barrels
less than 239,000 barrels
less than 245,000 barrels
more than 225,000 barrels
Probability - Reiny, Monday, November 2, 2009 at 9:24pm
A wonderful little applet here:
Just enter the mean and sd, and then click on the suitable "between", "below" etc with the given values.
(To my way of thinking, I really see no difference between using the traditional use of tables, graphs, or charts for these kind of problems and this particular little program.)
Probability - tom, Friday, October 25, 2013 at 1:40pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - Daily output of Marathon’s Garyville, Lousiana, refinery is ...
- Statistics - Daily output of Marathon's Grayville, LA, Refinery is normally ...
- Math - An oil company owns two refineries. The daily production limits and ...
- math - An oil company operates two Southern refineries. The Alabama facility ...
- Vba - I'm trying to write a sub that asks how much oil I made, and then gives me...
- geography - What is the significance of this and what are the consquences. I don...
- Economics - What is the significance of this and what are the consquences. I ...
- economics - What is the significance of this and what are the consquences. I don...
- macroeconomics - Suppose that France and Denmark both produce oil and olives. ...
- word-math problem - Assume that the amounts of oil produced by the first, second...