Posted by Sara on Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:05pm.
Ms. Sue I have known that you're mostly aligned with the thinking of François-Marie Arouet. Whose pen name is Voltaire.I know that he was the most famous philosopher, who was against the church and for freedom of thought. He also believed that absolute monarchy was good for society. He alos hated injustice. If you don't mind may I ask why you agree with him?
To. Ms. Sue - Sara, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:13pm
Ms. Sue what does Voltaire state?
To. Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:17pm
Don't most of those ideals explain why I agree with him?
I do, though, disagree with his advocacy of an absolute monarchy. Absolute monarchs tend to be despotic and work against Voltaire's other ideals.
To. Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:21pm
To. Ms. Sue - Sara, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:34pm
thanks, some of Voltaires quotes I can understand, some I try to to but it's hard. What did Voltaire actually want to state, or what did he state.
To. Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:51pm
Sara, Voltaire lived a long time and wrote volumes. He stated many things.
This article gives a pretty concise accountant of his philosophy.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Socials-Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, thanks to you, I have got to know a lot about ...
- U.s GOVERMENT - Which Enlightenment thinker wrote that people in society are ...
- Socials-Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue which philosopher in the French Revolution do you ...
- ms. sue - ms. sue you watch movie a beautiful mind? i tell you yesterday that i ...
- To Ms. Sue - The list of conditions: 1.lower taxes 2.higher wages 3.access to ...
- Socials - Does a government ever have the right to sacrifice individual ...
- english - Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, How can thinking critically influence the way that...
- To. Ms. Sue - Ms Sue, I have to tell why I think that the 5 athletes who held ...
- geography (Ms. Sue) - So, My Mom was right in telling me that I was wrong in ...
- english - Ms. Sue - Ms. sue, Is there a website that I could go for help on ...