Posted by mysterychicken on Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:00am.
3. From Which point of view are the following paragraphs written?
A young woman just moved into an apartment. She thought it was a nice neighbor-hood and became delighted when she heard a saxophone. She could not believe her luck--she, too, played the sax. She bolted down the stairs to find the musician. "What a lvoely song," she said. She knew at once that he would be her partner for life.
a. omniscient point of view
b. first-person point of view
c. third-person limited point of view
d. second-person point of view
Is it A?
- Literature - Writeacher, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:13am
It's hard to tell from only one paragraph. The entire story would be needed to be truly accurate.
It could be either C or A, depending on the rest of the story, IMHO!!
- Literature - mysterychicken, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:16am
- Literature - Writeacher, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:23am
IMHO = in my humble opinion
- Literature - jim, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:28am
I'm inclined to think that that last sentence implies omniscient; a third-person limited narrator could not say what the protagonist knew.
IMHO, of course :-)
- Literature - Writeacher, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:33am
Ahhhh, Jim, I think you're right.
- Literature - mysterychicken, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 11:07am
- Literature - Writeacher, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 12:17pm
- Literature - bobpursley, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 1:24pm
Geepers, I have met a lot of folks here in Texas that claim to know what I think.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature [Ms.Sue Please Check] - please check these: 1. In "The Gift of the ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - "A man moved into the apartment next door to Tasi last week. ...
- English - Can you please check the following sentences for me? 1)The mirror ...
- sociology - Which of the following would be the best illustration of the ...
- Mrs.sue help me plz!! - The boys got into bed Byron was up in his top bunk and ...
- English - Determine whether the statement represents a progressive view or a ...
- Health (Ms. Sue or Writeacher) - "A man moved into the apartment next door to ...
- Literature - Reading Response 1. List the characters in the story. Write one to ...
- Literature - "Rewrite a section from 'Snow' using a different point of view. You...
- art need help - 1. This is the study of beauty and art. (1 point)ethics harmony ...