Posted by Greg on Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 8:37am.
how would you work out
the minus is for the whole fraction
please show your working
thanks in advance :)
Maths - Reiny, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 9:28am
What do you mean by "work out" ?
Are you graphing the function ?
Make a table of values and graph some of the points. You should see what happens to the graph.
Try to get a "feel" for the numbers.
e.g. as you pick larger x's, doesn't the value of 2/x become smaller and smaller?
similarly if you pick fractional values of x, doesn't 2/x become larger and larger. What happens if you pick x = 0 ? OH oh!
Now try an x close to zero, say x = .01
Can you see the pattern?
Now repeat, using negative values of x.
Now change your equation to y = 5/x or something like that.
Can you generalize what y = n/x would look like?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - change so x is the subject y=2/x and y=-n/x the minus is for the whole ...
- Algebra II - Find (f+g)(x),(f-g)(x),(f*g)(x), and (f/g)(x) for each f(x) and g(x...
- Maths (Recurring Decimals) - Express 3.2304 (dot above 2 and 4) as a fraction ...
- Maths - I have a maths exam tomorrow and am studying with a friend. We are ...
- Algebra - (x+3)/(x+8)-(x-8)/(x-3) I worked this out and got -55 Ans. But was ...
- Maths - x^3+a^3 Factor= (x-a) what is the remaninder when you divide x^3+a^3 by...
- Maths - 45% is 28 100%=? Please show me the concept and the working out as well ...
- MATHS - Critical help please. Level 3 maths algebraic methods is really hard. Q...
- maths PLEASE HELP - how to work out partial fraction decomposition when given 1/...
- maths - A fraction a / b can be expressed as a terminating decimal if b has no ...