Posted by Sara on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:21pm.
THE FRENCH REVOLUTION
Before the French Revolution France had a system of government and society which was called the OLD REGIME.
In the 1780's France was experiencing many economic difficulties. LOUIS XVI called a meeting of the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY in order to discuss solutions to the difficulties.
However during the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY the 3RD ESTATE with some help from other ESTATES declared a new government which they called the LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY.
Members of the LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY swore an oath not to disband until a DECLARATION OF RIGHTS had been written which would set out rules and laws on how the new government of France would function. This oath was called the ________?
This period was very chaotic. Not only was there a revolution occuring within the country to try and establish a new government but other countries were attacking France in order to put LOUIS XVI back on the throne & stop the revolution. THE NATIONAL CONVENTION was unable to control the situation and another more ELECTED government, replaced it called the REPUBLIC.
Under ROBESPIERRE a government called the COMMITTE OF PUBLIC SAFETY was established.
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:37pm
2. Louis called a meeting of another group, not the National Assembly.
3. Please check your book for 3. It's hard to determine what the answers should be because of so many blanks.
4. Check this site for the name of the oath.
5. See Number 3's comments.
- To Ms. Sue - Sara, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:45pm
2. = Estates General
4. = Tennis court oath/ or pledge
3. = Limited Monarchy or National Assembly
5. = Legislative Assembly
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:51pm
- To Ms. Sue - Sara, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:52pm
Thank you so much:-)
- To Ms. Sue - Sara, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:56pm
does this make sense?
However during the ESTATES GENERAL the 3RD ESTATE with some help from other ESTATES declared a new government which they called the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.
Ms. Sue does Estates General fit in this. Also could I just use National Assembly instead of Limited Monarchy.
- To Ms. Sue - Sara, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 8:15pm
One more thing, which one would you prefer, pledge or Tennis Court Oath.
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 8:30pm
With help from other estates doesn't make sense. There were only three estates.
Check this site.
It's usually called the Tennis Court Oath.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Socials - French Revolution Before the French Revolution France had a system of...
- French Revolution - Music - Can someone please help me make up 3 song names that...
- World History - What role did the Jacobins play in the French Revolution? The ...
- U.S/history AP - -----During french and Britsh fighting Washington declared that...
- Socials-Ms. Sue - Outline the results of fur trade from the points of view of ...
- Napoleanic Era - What were Napoleon's main goals when he came to power during ...
- History (essay) help - My Essay Assningment Changes to the government in France ...
- World History Answer Check - 1. How did the Committee of Public Safety identify ...
- World History Answer Check - 1. What event started the French Revolution? A: The...
- Larry & French Revolution - This is a book your library might have but you can ...