Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 12:32pm.
I have to write a book review on a captivity story that I've read. The instructions are:
'Choose a captivity story you know or have read, and share your findings about it in the form of a book review. Summarize the reason for the captivity, the main events of the captivity, and how the captive felt about the jailers. How was this captivity different from A Man Called Horse? [short story]. It should be atleast 2 paragraphs long'
I havn't read a captivity story other than A Man Called Horse, and since that's the one the book is focusing on I can't use it. Can I get a link to a short captivity story that I can answer all these questions about?
Literature - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 12:57pm
This one is excellent!
Literature - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 1:10pm
Literature--Writeacher - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 1:16pm
ohhhh, this one's in my book and I've done an essay on it; we're not allowed to choose selections from the text =/ is there another one?
Also, I was just gonna post up a question about Rainsford :P
Literature - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 1:17pm
How about Poe's "Cask..." ??
Literature - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 1:19pm
Yeah, this one sounds new...it is a captivity story right? I'm gonna start reading it now..thanks!
Literature - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 2:08pm
It's captivity, yes. By the end of the story, it's clear that Fortunato is under Montresor's control since they enter "the vaults" (huge underground space serving as a wine cellar among other things!).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - I have to write a book review on a captivity story that I've read. ...
- Childrens Literature - language that is important to the story and exact ...
- Literature - link to story pls help!?? - hi, sorry not a question but i am in a ...
- english - anguage that is important to the story and exact dialogue that is ...
- Literature - I have to write an evaluative essay on the short story A Christmas ...
- Predication - A book that has an exciting introduction and a surprising ending ...
- Elem. Ed. - Would you help with this question? Mrs. Jenkins was planning a child...
- novel help - Hello, I need to write a short review on the novel Girl Interrupted...
- english - I am reading a book called Journey Home by Yoshiko Uchida but I don't ...
- English - book suggestions - Book suggestions to read with Sula by Toni Morrison...