Posted by CM on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 11:08am.
The game of Yahtzee is played with five fair six-sided dice. A turn consists of rolling all five dice, selecting the ones you want to keep, re-rolling the rest, and then doing this one more time, if necessary. You need to match certain conditions in order to score points.
(For convenience, you may assume that the dice are all different colors.)
Suppose you roll the 5 dice seeking to get as many sixes as possible. how many ways can you get exactly 3 sixes on the first roll?
How would I do this? Factorials?
- Stats HELP PLEASE - CM, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 11:11am
For convenience you may assume the dice are different colors. Suppose you roll the 5 dice seeking to get as many sixes as possible. how many ways can you get exactly 3 sixes on the first roll?
How many ways can you get at least 3 sixes on the first roll?
Suppose you only got 1 six on the first roll so you keep it and roll the remaning 4 dice. how many ways can you get at least one six on the last roll?
Please help. is it factorials?
- Stats HELP PLEASE - bobpursley, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 11:47am
Are there any others?
Is this the same as 5!/3!2!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Which pair has equally likely outcomes? List the letters of the two ...
- Prob - A game is played using three 6-sided dice. You throw these dice one time ...
- probability - Two six-sided dice each have the numbers 1 through 6 on their ...
- Algebra - You are a contestant on a game show and have the chance to win a car ...
- Math - At this year's State Fair, there was a dice rolling game. If you rolled ...
- Math - The game of dots is played by rolling a fair dice and receiving $1 for ...
- Math - What is the probability that rolling four fair, six-sided dice produces ...
- Help me please Maths - Calvin is playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons. In ...
- STATISTIC - A die with 12 sides is rolled. What is the probability of rolling a ...
- biology - One rule of probability can be expressed as the following: The ...