Posted by Sara on Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:30pm.
What were the goals of the French Revolutionaries? Do you think they were worth fighting for? Is the writer justified in saying that any means are all right when fighting for a worthy cause?
The goals of the French Revolutionaries were to give liberty, equality, and fraternity to everyone. Yes they were worth fighting for, because otherwise no one would have listened. Atleast fighting for them made a change. Yes the wirter is justified in saying that any means are all right when fighting for a worthy cause. His statement is true, to recieve freedom, it is alright to fight back the ones who've snatched it.
Does this make sense? I was trying to be more specific, but I couldn't really explain and say what I wanted to, I didn't have the wordings to do so. Also is this answer a good paragraph length one, because it's supposed to. All your help is appreciated.
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:33pm
This is a good paragraph. And I agree with you.
But remember, today's terrorists, especially in the Middle East, believe they are fighting for a worthy cause, too.
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:34pm
Is it possible that the French Revolutionaries could have gained freedom by other means than the Reign of Terror?
- Socials - Sara, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:34pm
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:36pm
- Socials - Sara, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:36pm
I can't really think of the other ways they could have gained freedom. Do you have any?
- Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:47pm
Mohandas Gandhi won freedom for India with non-violent resistance. Martin Luther King, Jr., was a prime mover of U.S. Civil Rights for African-Americans by using non-violent resistance.
I don't know whether the French could have won their freedom and equality with less violence -- but it is worth thinking about.
- Socials - Sara, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 8:56pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Socials - Means and Ends The selection below is based on an editorial which ...
- history - What goals did the United States achieve by fighting in Korea? What ...
- english-headlines editing - Attack of checkposts by militants in NW Pakistan: ...
- social studies - why did the british think their military forces were superior ...
- Socials - would a 17 year old soldier be too young to begin fighting? I think ...
- U.S/history AP - -----During french and Britsh fighting Washington declared that...
- Social Studies (Check) - A mountain chain extends nearly 800 miles (1,290 km) ...
- History - why did the french and spanish start fighting
- english - Which of the following sentences is correctly punctuated? a.Education ...
- Soical Stuides - Why did the French and Spanish start fighting?