Posted by <3 on Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:49pm.
write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes through the given points.
a. (-6,1), (3,-7)
b. (-2/3,4), (6, -1/3)
write an equation in point-slope form of the line that passes through the given poitns.
c. (-2,5), (4,-3)
d. (1/2,-1), (-2/3,6)
this is what I got.. is it correct?
a. y = -8x/3 + 1
b. y = -13x/20 + 107/30
c. y + 3 = (-4/3)(x + 2)
d. y + 1 = -6x + 3
and if not, can you please correct them? (: thanks
- algebra (check plz) - Reiny, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 2:11pm
a) your first point does not satisfy your equation, so your equation is incorrect
slope = (-7-1)/(3+6) = -8/9
so y = (-8/9)x + b
sub in (-6,1)
1 = (-8/9)(-6) + b
9 = 48 + 9b
b = -39/9 = -13/3
so y = (-8/9)x - 13/3
c) you picked the y-coordinate from one point, and the x-coordinate of the other !!
Instead : y + 3 = (-4/3)(x - 4)
- algebra (check plz) - <3 , Monday, October 26, 2009 at 3:09pm
what about D.? ):
- algebra (check plz) - jim, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 3:17pm
d) is not wrong, but it's not in its final form; you have a constant on each side.
Subtract one from each side to get rid of the 1 on the LHS and you'll be finished.
- algebra (check plz) - <3 , Monday, October 26, 2009 at 3:40pm
thanks again for your help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- algebra - write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- algebra[please check] - in questions 1 and 2, write an equation of the line in ...
- Algebra - 1.Tell whether the sequence is arithmetic. If it is, what is the ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone help me with this equation please? The directions are: ...
- algebra - Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- Algebra - 1.Write an equation in slope- intercept form of the line that passes ...
- Quick math help - My math exam is coming up Friday and I need help!! Can you ...