Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:31pm.
19. The focus of movement in Kenya for centuries has been toward the
a. lands of Northern Kenya
b. northeast coastal lands of Kenya
c. fertile lands of the central highlands on either side of the Great Rift Valley
d. lands in the north and the northeast of the country
not sure about this one...C?
- Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:36pm
25. One problem that the countries of Rwanda and Burundi share is
a. a lack of means for moving their goods to foreign buyers.
b. a lack of fresh water supply
c. the absence of fertile soil
d. very small populations
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:48pm
19. Yes, C is right.
(Broken Link Removed)
25. Although they are small landlocked countries, I don't think they lack for population.
- Geography - bobpursley, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:55pm
On that second, there has been a population explosion in recent years. I suspect your text probably wants a) because the infrastructure is mainly poor roads, but "the goods for foreign buyers" bothers me. Both countries are 80 percent very inefficent agruculture, producing little. AT one time coffee was a major crop, and was exported. The years of genocide destroyed that production. Whilst the country still has the capability to be a major coffee exporter, the country lacks the will to organize agriculture into a profitable enterprise. This would require better roads, if they ever got it together in Government and culture focus on getting coffee produced and sold. I would go with answer a), as the others are clearly off base for those two countries.
One of my ex-students and her husband are now missionaries stationed there, and have been there almost ten years.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, October 26, 2009 at 2:06pm
Thank you both
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Kenya finally loses her cool and punches her teacher. The teacher ...
- Kenya - what are the government programs and facilities for guests that made ...
- Algebra - K2 is11,194 feet higher than Mt. Kenya. Write and solve an equation of...
- Math - a spinner is spun whose central angles are all 45 degrees. #'s 1-8 on ...
- Geography - I'm doing a project on Kenya. Wanted to bring in some cookies for ...
- Math repost for Kenya - math - kenya, Monday, September 24, 2007 at 6:42pm the ...
- geography - Where do people live in kenya?
- world history - Which African independence movement is most similar to the ...
- geography - Why does the flag of Kenya have a shield on it? thanks
- social studies - this is a difficult question, its a critical question but i ...