posted by Tom on .
1. Candy stripers are teenage volunteers at hospitals.
(What is the meaning of 'stripers' in the sentence?)
2. She also takes sick children outside in wheelchairs.
3. She also takes sick children out in wheelchairs.
4. She also takes out sick children in wheelchairs.
5. She also takes outside sick chilren in wheelchairs.
(Which ones are correct from 2 to 5.)
The young hospital volunteers used to wear distinctive red and white striped uniforms which reminded people of candy canes. This is how they got they name of "candy stripers." Now their uniforms may vary.
Both 2 and 3 are correct.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.