Posted by Samantha on Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 8:37pm.
Solve for l.
Please show me how you got your answer so I will understand how to do these problems. Thank you.
Algebra1 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 8:48pm
Perimeter = 2 * length + 2 * width
This is how you find the perimeter (distance around) a rectangle.
Suppose you want to put a border around a room. If the room is 15 feet long and 12 feet wide, then you'd figure the perimeter this way:
P = 2l + 2w
P = (2 * 15) + (2 * 12)
P = 30 + 24
P = 54
So -- you'd need 54 feet of the border for the room.
Algebra1 - Samantha, Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 8:56pm
Algebra1 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 8:57pm
Algebra1 - Anonymous, Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 12:47pm
How many gallons of paint is needed to paint a wall whose dimensions are 11 feet by 19 feet with a 8 foot ceiling?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math ergent please please... - 10.a)Solve the inequality x^3-5x^2+2x+8<0 by i...
- algebra - show how to solve these problems: 1. 6x - y = -4 2x + 2y = 15 answer:x...
- Algebra problems - I have some problems that I would like checked please. Find ...
- math - how do you solve these problems? 1.2x/3 + 1/3 - x/8= 2/3 2. 3n + 9/10 + ...
- Dividing Decimals - I need Help with solving these problems. If you could show ...
- math - Peform each indicated operation by using LCD and simplify the result. Can...
- Algebra1 - I have to solve for "x": bx/c=2-cx/b please show your work! Thank you...
- Pre Algebra - Please help me with some problems. Thank you! Solve the equation ...
- introductory algebra - I had these problems on my test and for some reason got ...
- Chemistry URGENT - I am having a hard time understanding how to calculate pH. my...