Posted by John on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 6:55pm.
Social Responsibility at School
Explain the importance of social responsibility and independent action.
I don't how to answer this question. I've searched on GOOGLE for 'social responsibility' but all the results are about corporate social responsibility. I need school social responsiblity.
Can someone please help me answer this question? Any ideas and/or suggestions are appreciated.
- Social Responsibility - Writeacher, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 6:59pm
The best thing I've ever found that fits whatever situation you are in is simply the Golden Rule: Do to others as you'd want them to do to you.
And an explanation:
- Social Responsibility - Writeacher, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 7:00pm
Independent action -- I'd take that to mean that each person needs to act in socially responsible ways. The Golden Rule or Ethic of Reciprocity explains this well, too. Another way to think of this is that each person is responsible for his or her own actions.
- Social Responsibility - John, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 7:02pm
Thanks Writeacher. That helped me understand a little better how to answer social responsibility.
Now, "Explain the importance of independent action?"
How would I answer this question? What does it mean?
- Social Responsibility - John, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 7:03pm
Thanks Writeacher, your efforts are appreciated!
- Social Responsibility - Writeacher, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 7:05pm
I hope they help you!
- Social Responsibility - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 8:04pm
"Explain the importance of independent action?"
This means to act on your own and follow what your conscience dictates to you. In other words, you don't necessarily follow the crowd, but act independently if you think the crowd is not doing the right thing. For instance, if you see a bully picking on a person, you could step in and help the victim, even though others are ignoring this action.
Answer this Question
- Ethics - What does it mean to have legal corporate social responsibility? ...
- Planning 10 - Can someone please explain the importance of social responsibility...
- Social Responsibility - What is your definition of the term social ...
- Management - Can someone help me with these 2 questions from principles of ...
- business strategic management - Discuss in specific terms your understanding of ...
- management 330 - 1. How do strategic, operational, and tactical planning differ...
- Business Check - 1. The majority of CEOs blame unethical employee conduct on: ...
- Principles of Management - Answer questions 1 through 3 based on the following ...
- Business Ethics - You are a high level manager who has been asked to present a ...
- Management - Can anyone please help me with these questions for the final exam? ...