Posted by Alex on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 5:39pm.
How would I do this? A sum of money is divided among three persons, X,Y,Z, kn the ratio 10:7:5. If Y gets $14 more than Z, how much will X get and what is the total sum of money? There is no total sum so how do I find it?
math - PsyDAG, Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 11:36am
Y = Z + 14 and
7Y = 5Z
Substitute Z + 14 for Y in the second equation and solve for Z. Go to the first equation to get Y. After that, it should be no problem to find X.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
math - Shifa, Monday, March 10, 2014 at 12:52pm
X Y Z
10 7 5
FRPM LAST TWO RATIOS:
FROM EQUATION (i)
NOW PUTTING Z=35 IN (i)
NOW FROM FIRST TWO RATIOS
TOTAL MONEY= $70+$49+$35=$154
math - Saloni, Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 3:24am
13500 is to be distributed between Salma kiran and Jennifer such a way that Salma gets 100 more than kiran and Jennifer gets 500 more than kiran?find out the money?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - A sum of money is divided among three persons, X,Y and z in the ratio of...
- Math grade 6, ratio - A certain sum of money was shared among three friends a,b...
- Math - A sum of money is divided between three people in the ratio 1:2:1/2. If ...
- algebra math - (QUEESTION 1) In view of the soccer fever, the PE department ...
- math - A certain sum of money was shared among 3 friends, A, B, and C. A ...
- Maths, - A certain is to be shared among three brothers ,one of them gets 2/5 of...
- Maths - 3 boys, Aaron, Benny and Charles, share a sum of money. Aaron receives ...
- Math - a sum of money is divided among,bill,carl in the ratio 2:3:5.if carl ...
- Maths - I'm really struggling with word problems right now. Got through 20 just ...
- Math - Rushil and Timmy shared a sum of money in the ratio 3:4. If Timmy ...