Posted by Alex on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 5:39pm.
How would I do this? A sum of money is divided among three persons, X,Y,Z, kn the ratio 10:7:5. If Y gets $14 more than Z, how much will X get and what is the total sum of money? There is no total sum so how do I find it?
- math - PsyDAG, Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 11:36am
Y = Z + 14 and
7Y = 5Z
Substitute Z + 14 for Y in the second equation and solve for Z. Go to the first equation to get Y. After that, it should be no problem to find X.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- math - Shifa, Monday, March 10, 2014 at 12:52pm
X Y Z
10 7 5
FRPM LAST TWO RATIOS:
FROM EQUATION (i)
NOW PUTTING Z=35 IN (i)
NOW FROM FIRST TWO RATIOS
TOTAL MONEY= $70+$49+$35=$154
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - A sum of money is divided among three persons, X,Y and z in the ratio of...
- algebra math - (QUEESTION 1) In view of the soccer fever, the PE department ...
- math - A certain sum of money was shared among 3 friends, A, B, and C. A ...
- Maths - I'm really struggling with word problems right now. Got through 20 just ...
- Plz My Maths - Birr 6,500 Were Divided Equally Among Acertain Number Of Of ...
- math - a sum of money is shared between to persons at the ratio 2:5 one person ...
- Math - A sum of Rs. 1360 has been divided among Atif, Babar and Aqeel such that ...
- math - A sum of money is divided between three women A,B and C in the ration 2:3...
- math probability question - If a player rolls 2 dice and gets a sum of 3 or 11 ...
- math - An amount of $9000 is divided among four persons A,B,C and D. The sum of ...