Posted by jay on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 3:23pm.
Dean works with baby animals at a Zoo. This week he measured a giraffe, an ape and a tiger. The tiger had grown 4 inches less than the giraffe. The giraffe had grown twice as much as the ape. The baby ape had grown 6 inches since it was measured the last time.
How many inches had the tiger grown?
show your work and explain your answer.
- 3rd grade - bobpursley, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 3:27pm
This is not third grade.
- 3rd grade - Helper, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 3:33pm
deff. not 3rd grade.. but anyways..
say tiger= giraffe-4inches
girafee= 2 x ape
ape= 6 inches
giraffe= 2 x 6= 12 inches
tiger= 12 inches - 4 inches =8 inches
- 3rd grade - Anonymous, Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 4:42pm
The giraffe grew 12in. The tiger grew 8in.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The average giraffe is 18 feet tall. What expression show the height of ...
- French - Thanks Senora for your help with the baby animals. I have a few more, ...
- BIOLOGY - How is the evolution of animals the long necked giraffe explained by ...
- Physics (please help!!!!) - Blood pressure is usually reported in millimeters of...
- phys - Consider an antelope being chased by a tiger. The antelope is running at ...
- physics - the linear momentum of a 400 kg giraffe at 5 m/s is
- English - If I had these analogies, which would be the most logical answer? 1. ...
- physics - giraffe walks at 5mph for 3hours.how far does he go?
- physics - A tiger can run at approximately 100 km/hr (27.7 m/s) and a zebra at ...
- PHYSICS - How is the evolution of animal like the long necked giraffe explained ...