Posted by ellie on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 2:01pm.
why we can't find many of the Spanish missions from this period in Florida?
social studies - GuruBlue, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 2:49pm
Ellie, when you tell us what years you are talking about, we will be able to help you.
social studies - ellie, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 4:20pm
i mean why cant we find the remain off the Spanish missions left.
social studies - GuruBlue, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 4:37pm
Elle, Here is your answer. The material from which these missions was made was not something that would last like the missions in the Southwest.
"The mission buildings of la Florida were built with posts set into the ground. The walls were palmetto thatch, wattle and daub or plank, or left open. The floors were clay, and the roofs are presumed to have been thatched. The church buildings in the missions averaged some 20 m by 11 m"
social studies - ellie, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 5:31pm
thanks so much i found the answer
social studies - nothing, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 5:46pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - Excuse me can some one please tell me why we can't find many ...
- Florida studies weekly - why can't we fnd many of the remains of the spanish ...
- social studies - how did missions help establish a spanish presence in the ...
- Social Studies - Why did the Spanish Colonists leave Florida to go to Cuba?
- Social Studies - Where were the three major Spanish settlements in the Florida ...
- Social Studies - After the Treaty of Paris, how long were the spanish in charge ...
- Social studies - were effects of pizarro and cortes defeat of native americans ...
- Social studies - which of the following were effects of pizarro and cortes ...
- History - 11.)which statement best describes the main source of conflict Florida...
- Social Studies - I just need the answer to one question in Florida Studies week ...