Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:11pm.
Solve the proportion. 2/5=x-4/4
- Math-Fractions - DL, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:41pm
2/5 = x-4/4
2/5 = x-1
2/5(+1) = x-1(+1)
2/5(+5/5) = x
7/5 = x
- Math-Fractions - Reiny, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:47pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that you meant
2/5 = (x-4)/4
since no respectable textbook would write 4/4 in a question.
if so, then
5x - 20 = 8
5x = 28
x = 28/5
- Math-Fractions - Anonymous, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:48pm
Thank you for your help. I am sorry I couldn't fill it in correctly, but the problem doesn't read 2 divided by 5 equals x-4 divided by 4. They are actually fractions. So it is 2 numerator and 5 denominator. Does this change the answer?
- Math-Fractions - Anonymous, Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:49pm
Yes Reiny. Thank you. Sorry I didn't type it in correctly.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math-Fractions - Solve the proportion. 5/x=9/x+8 Solve for x
- math - It is hard to type fractions here, but I will try. My book says I need to...
- Math - Two shirts cost $12.50. How much will it cost to buy five of the shirts? ...
- MATH - Joelle set up the following proportion to solve for x. Determine if her ...
- Math I need help ASAP! I'm getting timed - Which ratios form a proportion? 1. 4/...
- Math - Write the sentence as a proportion. Then solve the proportion * d is to 4...
- math - Help! These are fractions, so bear with me: -5/8 x= -9/10 Solve with the...
- math - Help! These are fractions, so bear with me: -5/8 x= -9/10 Solve with the ...
- math(check answers) - please check my math ANSWERS 1.which pair of ratio form a ...
- Math 6 proportion - 21% reptiles, 11% are birds. There are a total of 1,500 ...