Posted by kissy on Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:05pm.
traveling 60 mi/h what is the speed in feet per second. How do you find this
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:10pm
60 mile * 5,280 feet = feet per hour
60 seconds * feet per hour = feet per second
- math - kissy, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:14pm
where did the number 5280 come from.. and i figured it would be with you numbers 19008000 feet per seconds correct.
- math - Reiny, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:14pm
do it step by step
60 miles/1 hour
= 60(5280) feet/1 hour
= 316800 feet/60 minute
= 316800 feet/3600 seconds
= 88 feet/second
- math - kissy, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:16pm
i am confused is it divid or times
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:17pm
Both * and () are symbols for multiplication.
- math - Reiny, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:18pm
BTW, a rough estimate to change mph to feet/sec
is to take half of the rate in miles and add it on .
i.e. multiply the mph rate by 1.5
reason: 1 mph = 1.4666 feet/sec
Answer this Question
- College Math - The posted speed limit on many U.S. highways is 65 miles per hour...
- Physic Check - These are questions I'm unsure about out of 20 for my submission...
- Pre Calculus - If you are riding on a Ferris wheel that is 60 feet tall and it ...
- math - Jimmy is traveling at a speed of 135 miles per hour (mph). What is his ...
- Math - Jimmy is traveling at a speed of 60 mi/h. What is his speed in feet per ...
- math - Benny is traveling at a speed of 15 mi/h. What is his speed in feet per ...
- math - Below is the rule for calculating the velocity of a falling object. Use ...
- Math - An alien rocketship is traveling at a speed of 2,500,000 feet per minute...
- trig - How fast is a bicycle traveling in feet per second if a wheel has a 21-in...
- Math - 1) A car is traveling at a rate of 70 miles per hour. what is this speed ...