Posted by David. on Friday, October 23, 2009 at 12:37am.
Can someone help me step by step how to find the answer to this problem.
The amount of air in a balloon at time t is given by the equation
a(t)=3tsint+t^2 where t is measured in seconds and the amount of air is measured in cubic centimeters.
a. what is the amount of air in the balloon after 10 seconds.
b. is the amount of air in the balloon increasing or decreasing at t=4 seconds and at what rate ?
c. When does the amount of air in the balloon reach 30 cubic centimeters?
Calculus AP - MathMate, Friday, October 23, 2009 at 7:40am
Evaluate a(t)=3tsint+t^2 using t=10, i.e.
find a'(t)=da/dt using the product rule and the sum rule. Then evaluate a'(4) to see if it is positive (increasing) or negative (decreasing).
Product rule : d(uv)/dt = udv/dt+vdu/dt
Sum rule : d(p+q)/dt = dp/dt + dq/dt
In the given expression for a(t),
a'(t) = d(3tsint+t^2)
=d(3t.sin(t) )/dt + d(t²)/dt
=3sin(t)+3t.cos(t) + 2t
Evaluate a'(4) to verify the sign.
c. When it reaches 30 cm³,
3tsint+t^2 = 30
Solve for t by trial and error or newton's method. The answer should be around 6.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Help me! Geometry - A design on the surface of a balloon is 5 cm wide when the ...
- calculus help me plz too hard show step - charge Q coulombs at time t seconds is...
- Calculus - t: 0 2 5 7 11 12 r'(t): 5.7 4.0 2.0 1.2 0.6 0.5 The volume of a ...
- Calculus - Find the equation of the tangent to the curve y=2-e^-x at the point ...
- Physics - Hello recently I was asked to find the time it takes a satalite that ...
- Algebra - in that equation I have to solve for x. 5. x^3 + 2x^2 - 9x = 18 in ...
- Calculus - Use the four-step process to find the slope of the tangent line to ...
- Calculus - The rate of change R, in kilometers per hour, of the altitude of a ...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...