Posted by Sara on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 10:33pm.
The Reign of Terror was a period of violence in the French Revolution, during which thousands of people were executed as enemies of the revolution. In the Reign of Terror, revolutionary leaders began to turn on each other. The Girondins who favoured the political system, fought a battle to the death with the Jacobins, who criticized the Girondins.During this year the revolutionary government got extraordinary powers and passed a number of harsh laws designed to intimidate or eliminate anyone who disagreed with the radical Jacobins. The law of suspects, for example, provided for the arrest of anyone of noble family or who had held office before revolution. Also a complete reorganization of the armed forces, and new legislation was passed to regulate business.
Is this right?
- Socials=Ms.Sue - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 10:59pm
It's correct -- but you've only scratched the surface of the Reign of TERROR. You don't appear to understand this TERROR at all.
What about the 30,000 to 40,000 people who were killed in the Reign of TERROR? That's almost as many Canadians as were killed in World War II.
What about the dreaded guillotine? Why didn't you mention that?
Did the government completely reorganize the armed forces and pass new business regulations during the year of the Reign of TERROR?
Please read at least some of the sites I've posted for you.
I'm sure your book also has this information. Have you read it?
- Socials=Ms.Sue - Sara, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 11:17pm
Okay I'll write all what my book says:
I already mentioned some of what it says, but here is the rest:
Few people dared stand up to this government.(It's talking about the revolutionary government). Danton for ex. was beheaded in 1794. Before his death, he predicted that Robespierre would soon follow. He told the executioner to hold his severed head high so the crowd could look at it. It was, as he said, "worth seeing." Other people who challenged Robespierre even the leaders of sans-culottes were guillotined. It is estimated that over 37 000 people were guillotined during the reign of terror.
Now I don't know how to put this in my own words, I have a lot of trouble putting things in my own words.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Socials=Ms. Sue - 3.Describe 3 events that happened during these years (Reign of...
- To GuruBlue - I have seperated the paragraphs. Can you please tell me if I have ...
- Socials - French Revolution 1.Why did the trial of the king happen? 2.Which ...
- socials 9 - . What was the Reign of Terror? If you asked Robespierre how he, a ...
- socials 9 - What was the Reign of Terror? If you asked Robespierre how he, a man...
- world history honors - was the reign of terror neccesary for the French ...
- History - was the Reign of Terror necessary to preserve the French Revolution?
- writing - I have a dispute with my teacher in 7th grade. In referring to ...
- Socials=Ms.Sue - Ms. Sue at the end of my other previous post you said that my ...
- To Anyone - 6.What event concluded the Reign of Terror? Robespierre's death ...