Posted by Sara on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7:17pm.
1.Why did the trial of the king happen?
2.Which years were known as the "Reign of Terror"?
3.Describe 3 events that happened during these years.
4.Who were guillotined during the Reign of Terror? How many people in total?
5.What 5 changes did RObespierre make while he was in office?
6.What event concluded the Reign of Terror?
7.Which group was anxious to bring peace to the revolution? How did they get their name?
8.Which government replaced Robespierre and what did that signify for France?
9.Who called himself the "Emperor of France"?
1.The trial & execution of the king occured because the more moderate members of the government had lost out to the Jacobins & the Sans-Coulottes.
2.The years 1793-1794 are known as the "Reign of Terror."
3.During this year the revolutionary government got extraordinary powers and passed a number of harsh laws designed to intimidate or eliminate anyone who disagreed with the radical Jacobins. The law of suspects, for example, provided for the arrest of anyone of noble family or who had held office before revolution. Also a complete reorganization of the armed forces, and new legislation was passed to regulate business.
4.Food Speculators were guillotined. 37 000 people in total.
5.He destroyed all opposition to the government and made sweeping changes in France. He modernized the country in many ways, such as he introduced the metric system, as well as a Revolutionary Calender, also the army was made more efficient, and new schools as well as universities were set up to give people education. He also confiscated all the property of the emigres.
6.Robespierre's death,concluded the Reign of Terror.
7.Radical Jacobins were anxious to bring peace to the revolution. They got their name by the revolutionary calendar, after the 11th month.
8.The Directory replaced replaced Robespierre. I don't know what that signified for france.
Is this right? I need help on # 8, 2nd part.Thanks.
Socials - Sara, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7:18pm
Also add anything that I have missed, I'll really appreciate that, thanks.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7:48pm
You've completely missed the point about the Reign of Terror. It killed many people without a trial and for the minor of suspected of infractions. Please read these sites carefully.
Socials - Sara, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 7:53pm
where did I miss that point, on #6?, and also I need help on #8.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 8:09pm
Please read all the sites I posted for you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Socials=Ms. Sue - 3.Describe 3 events that happened during these years (Reign of...
- socials 9 - . What was the Reign of Terror? If you asked Robespierre how he, a ...
- Socials=Ms.Sue - The Reign of Terror was a period of violence in the French ...
- socials 9 - What was the Reign of Terror? If you asked Robespierre how he, a man...
- To Anyone - 6.What event concluded the Reign of Terror? Robespierre's death ...
- writing - I have a dispute with my teacher in 7th grade. In referring to ...
- Socials 9 - Propose some reasons why woman were unable to keep leadership ...
- To GuruBlue - I have separated the paragraphs. Can you please tell me if I have ...
- History - was the Reign of Terror necessary to preserve the French Revolution?
- world history honors - was the reign of terror neccesary for the French ...