Posted by y912f on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:50pm.
Introduction—reader’s attention and states thesis statement.
The first paragraph should get the reader’s attention and sate the thesis statement.
Since I was a little kid my family has been visiting Asheville, North Carolina, every year for a vacation. I still remember the first time I went there; I was shocked to see the beauty of it all. I just found so much peace and tranquility there that it was hard to leave. It was my first time ever visiting such a place. I had never seen so much nature and greenery in any place I had ever been to before. Aside from that, there are also many other ways to enjoy the gorgeous place
The LAST SENTENCE OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH states the THESIS STATEMENT with the three-step format. This is the topic and the main idea about the topic with the three points that you plan to discuss in your essay.
Asheville, North Carolina, is a fun and relaxing place to visit because of its refreshing river, beautiful picnic spots, and various ice-cream parlors
- Grammar and Composition - bobpursley, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:02pm
I think the thesis is ok. But you can greatly improve the vividness and clarity of the lead-in.
On the thesis, is ice-cream parlors important?
Since I can remember, I visited ANC annually. It was my families' break from xxxxx, into a green world of breathtaking beauty, peace, and tranquility. Awe is hardly the word, I drink in the power of the forest, savoring its xxxxx. It restores my soul.
You can do this. Make it vivid, transfer the impressions you lived to your reader. Choose your words carefully. Don't drown your thoughts in long sentences.
You can do this. Try harder.
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:05pm
that's really good..ok i will try to make it better
- Grammar and Composition - y912f, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:06pm
p.s. i have to keep the thesis the way it is
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - how about this: Introduction—reader’s attention and ...
- essay writing - The first sentence of your introductory paragraph should do all ...
- help please:-) - The first sentence of your introductory paragraph should do all...
- Grammar and Composition - the draft sheet is organized in a confusing way, here'...
- language arts Ms. Sue please - 1. Which of the following is not a function of a ...
- English grammar - Did I write this sentence right? Should there be an apostrophe...
- us history - Write a five-paragraph essay that answers the following question: ...
- eng composition - Which statement is true? A. Once you write a thesis statement ...
- Science - Ms. Sue I understand, but what the professor requested was the ...
- Grammar and Composition - here's an assignment that i have to do: Phone Book ...