Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 3:56pm.
3. One of the main problems challenging the economics of many African nations today is
a. a lack of diverse exports
b. increasing their export of raw material
c. competing with the industrial output of other African nations
d. making fishing more productive
4. The large area of land that the tropical rain forest covers in Africa
a. contains very fertile soil, but enviromentalists will not allow people to cut down the trees to plant crops.
b. is shrinking as the savanna expands to take away land from the rain forest.
c. has poor soil because of leaching, which takes away nutrients
d. is located along the eastern coast of the continent
13. The Southern tip of South Africa contains which of the following types of forests?
a. tropical rainforests
c. broadleaf evergreen
d. mid-latitude deciduous
- Geography - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 4:09pm
7. Keeping people healthy is a challenge in Africa because
a. governments are not concerned about health matters
b. drought and famine cause poor diets and weaken the health of many people
c. modern medicine has not yet reached the continent
d. hurricanes and earthquakes cause widespread damage
15. Which of the following problems is NOT a result of Egypt's growing population?
a. overcrowded cities
b. emigration of educated professionals to other countries
c. a diminishing food supply
d. widespread unemployment
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:04pm
3 and 4 are correct.
13 is wrong. The southern part of South Africa is about the same latitude as the state of Georgia.
7 -- It's a choice between A and B. Check your book.
15 -- probably right.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:07pm
Errr still don't know 13..the map didn't help much :|
- Geography - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:08pm
My book tells me its A
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:09pm
I think the map is very helpful. It shows thicket as the biome in southern South Africa.
Which of your choices means "thicket?"
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:18pm
Is it possible you're misreading your book or that your book is wrong?
Check these sites.
- Geography - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:22pm
is it C?
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:31pm
Does thicket mean broadleaf evergreen?
- Geography - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:40pm
I don't know what it means!
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 5:51pm
MC -- one of the first tasks of a student is to be sure you understand the words in your text and in your questions.
Obviously you don't understand one or more words. Look them up.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 3. One of the main problems challenging the economics of many ...
- Government - Why other countries (like Unites states, united nations) shold help...
- Global history - Which of the following provides evidence that imperialism left ...
- Geography - 22. What factor explains why the Democratic Republic of Congo has ...
- history - which statment best describes nations? nations must follow the law by ...
- Economics - Based on the total world trade share with the given information, ...
- Civics - Which best describes how factors such as natural resources, physical ...
- Global - Human rights and self-determination were proclaimed after WWII by 1. ...
- Civics - In The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith mentions that very good grapes ...
- Social Studies - Why was the United Nations creation more successful than the ...