Posted by toney on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 9:02pm.
1. Which of the following is a characteristic of middle childhood?
C. Gaining reading, writing, and mathematical skills
2. If you require children in middle childhood to spend much time in quiet activities, they
C. may develop nervous habits such as fidgeting and nail-biting.
3. Cognition refers to
B. intellectual activity.
4. When a child understands that things and events continue to exist even though one canít see or hear
them, we say that the child understands
A. object permanence.
5. How do three- to six-month-old children usually communicate?
C. By cooing
6. Which of the following statements best defines dialects?
A. Dialects are the result of deficient language skills.
7. Extremely autonomous children
A. usually have strict discipline at home.
8. According to Erikson, lack of identity is
A. typical in adolescence.
9. Social learning theories help us understand that
A. five-year-old children canít do concrete operations.
10. A teacher aide can use modeling to
A. encourage students to change behaviors.
11. Which of the following factors helps a child develop a positive self-concept?
A. Family relationships
12. Teachers can improve a studentís self-esteem by
C. controlling the learning environment.
13. Attempts at suicide are
D. a form of delinquency
14. Generally, males _______ than females.
B. are more resistant to sex role stereotyping
15. Which of the following is the best statement about delinquency?
A. Itís encouraged among some social groups.
16. The pre-operational stage of development is characterized by
A. feelings of inferiority.
17. Adolescence is associated with
B. concrete operations. D
18. Syntax refers to
C. the grammatical order of words.
19. Hormones have a powerful effect on
A. emotional and social development.
20. Which of the following statements best describes the preconceptual stage of pre-operational thinking?
A. It occurs between the ages of four and seven.
- child development and human behavior - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 9:06pm
We'd need to see the complete list of choices to check your answers.
- child development and human behavior - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 9:26pm
These are wrong: #s 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17.
I'm not sure about the correct answer to # 13.
Answer this Question
child development and human behavior - when a child understands that things and ...
child development - Teachers collect written information about a child for the ...
ece - On the Child Development Checklist, you've checked the item "Spends time ...
child development and human behavior - Cognition refers to what.
child development and human behavior - Thank You Ms. Sue
child development and human behavior - extremely autonomous children
child development and human behavior - attempts at suicide are more common in ...
UNDERSTANDING OBSERVATION AND BEHAVIOR - The Child Development Checklist is an ...
child development and human behavior - what does the statement "Extremely ...
Observing develpment of the young child - One of the advantages using an ...