Posted by lily on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 7:43pm.
So, I need to find the area of this shape. It's an irregular shape, and I don't know how to figure it out.
The shape looks like,
25 / | | 20
/ | |
/ | |
I was told the answer was 450.
Though I don't know how to figure 450 out?
- math - lily, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 7:44pm
Ahh. The shape didn't show.
Basically, it's a rectangle with like a triangle on the side of it.
15 on the top,
25 on the side with the triangle point, 20 on the right side,
15 on the bottom, where the triangle is.
and 15 on the bottom of the rectangle
- math - lily, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 7:48pm
********/ | | 20
*****25/ | |
******/ | |
- math - jim, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 7:57pm
I'm guessing that it's a rectangle 15 across and 20 high, with a triangle on its left side, a right-angled triangle, 20 high and 15 at its base, with a hypotenuse of 25.
And you need the area.
The area of the rectangle is 15 * 20 = 300.
The area of the triangle is half the base times the perpendicular height =
(1/2) * 15 * 20 = 150.
And all that adds up to 450!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade math - How do you find the area of an irregular shape? The shape is ...
- maths-triangles - how can we obtain the areas of the irregular polygans or ...
- physical science - I was given a diagram in the shape of an "L"-looks like a ...
- math - The area of some shape varies directly with the square of its side. If a ...
- Math - You have a room in your home that has a bay window (looks like a ...
- ALGEBRA - Find the area of an irregular shape.Round to the nearest tenth. The ...
- Engineering - There is a shape that has a right triangle on top of a square, I ...
- 7th Grade Math - I do know how to find the area of a square and rectangle, but ...
- math - a rectangle has a base of 25 in. and a height of 15 in. if the shape is ...
- MATH - The shape is an equilateral triangle. a)Does the shape have rotational ...